PCYC Mareeba are taking enrolments for their next Ready for Work program that is currently being facilitated at the club.
The program, which is funded by Skilling Queenslanders for Work, is aimed at improving the skills, employment opportunities and social inclusion of disadvantaged Queenslanders.
More specifically, the program will assist young people aged 15 to 24 years transition into the workforce, by equipping them with the practical skills they need to successfully obtain work.
The Ready for Work program has been a resounding success for PCYC Mareeba’s participants over the last six months, with some outstanding outcomes that give further credence to the course’s importance.
Some notable outcomes from the program include:
- One participant has gained employment at The Gateway Hotel in Mareeba along with completing his construction white card. This young man commented that “if it wasn’t for the Ready for Work program, he would not have had the confidence to go to the interview, much less be able to answer questions in a panel interview situation.” He also said, “thank you again for your help; I wouldn’t have gotten anywhere without you guys.”
- One participant has gained employment at Steggles.
- One participant has gained employment at a Cattle Station near Charters Towers.
- Two participants have gained employment at The Pacific Hotel Cairns.
- Three participants have commenced studies at TAFE in Cairns.
- One participant has gained employment at Liquor Land.
- All participants have gained self-confidence in approaching employers and have a plan to find employment.
- Several participants will/have commenced work experience at local Mareeba businesses and organisations.
- Several participants have completed further training through PCYC Queensland in order to upskill, e.g. RSA, RSG, construction white card.
For those interested in participating in the Ready for Work program, enrolments are now open for the next course, which commences on Monday, 3 June and finishes Thursday, 13 June 2019.
For more information, contact PCYC Mareeba between the hours of 8am-10am and 2pm-5pm, prior to Friday, 31 May to enrol. Phone 0427 924 231 or email email@example.com.